KRS 324.141 Reciprocal Licensing Between States- Consent by Nonresident Applicant

(1) (a) An individual who holds an active real estate license issued by another jurisdiction within the United States may apply for a Kentucky license by first:

1. Completing the application forms;
2. Passing the state law portion of the licensing examination; and
3. Fulfilling all other pre-license qualifications as outlined in this chapter.

(b) The commission shall promulgate administrative regulations in accordance with KRS Chapter 13A to establish the procedures for implementing paragraph (a) of this subsection.

(2) All individuals who have held a real estate license in another jurisdiction, whether the license is currently active or canceled, shall be required to furnish, as part of his or her application for a Kentucky license, a certification of good standing, issued by the jurisdiction. The document shall include the individual’s license history and any disciplinary information available from that jurisdiction.

(3) Every nonresident applicant shall file an irrevocable consent stating that legal actions may be commenced against the applicant in the proper court of any county of this state in which a cause of action may arise in which the plaintiff may reside, by the service of any process or pleading authorized by the laws of this state on the commission, the consent stipulating and agreeing that service of process or pleadings on the commission shall be taken and held in all courts to be as valid and binding as if service had been made upon the applicant in the State of Kentucky.

Any process or pleadings served upon the commission shall be by duplicate copies, one (1) of which shall be filed in the office of the commission and the other immediately forwarded by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the main office of the applicant against which the process or pleadings are directed.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?

Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support