(1) An active licensee who wishes to place his or her license into inactive status shall submit Form 201, License Status and Personal Information Update Form, or through the online services portal.
(2) All licensees placing a license into inactive status shall:
(a) Obtain extended reporting period (ERP) coverage insurance for a period of one (1) year as established by KRS 324.395(1); and
(b) Submit a completed Certificate of Insurance Coverage, KREC Form 203, with proof of the required coverage.
(3) The coverage obtained pursuant to subsection (2) of this section shall be consistent with the minimum requirements prescribed by 201 KAR 11:220.
(4) To reactivate a license from inactive status, a licensee shall complete and submit Form 201, License Status and Personal Information Update Form, or through the online services portal, and comply with KRS 324.310 and complete the following education:
(a) If the licensee has not taken the Core course in four (4) years, the licensee shall complete Core; and
(b) If the licensee has been inactive during more than one (1) education cycle, the licensee shall complete core plus six hours of continuing education elective to be selected from a list of courses to be compiled by the commission. *This paragraph shall not take effect until January 1, 2021.
(5) If the licensee is exempt from continuing education requirements pursuant to KRS 324.046(5), the licensee shall not be required to complete any continuing education to reactivate a license from inactive status.